Saturday, January 30, 2010

X-posted from MySpace

“You’re the blessed, we’re the Spiders From Mars.” He gracefully bends down to kiss her small white hand.

I read Angie Bowie’s book recently and loved it. Of course it was chock full of interesting stories but I think my favorite part was the way she always went out shopping at thrift stores and came home with new fabulous clothes for David to wear. His image was even more revolutionary than his music and made such a huge impression. The fact that she (and Cyrinda Foxe) dressed him gives her astronomical rock and roll credibility, if you ask me. She also did a tremendous amount of publicizing and marketing for him, which makes me so so happy I decided to pursue a business minor.

The first issue of Sunset Star is coming out soon, and I’m really excited and hopeful that it will gain a following. For my contribution I had to write about my relation to rock and roll, and it was hard to do because I’m trying to figure out exactly how I fit in. I’m less than a musician but more than a fan. I used to throw the word “groupie” around, but that always got misinterpreted really horribly. That’s a shame too, because the old school groupies were really hip and classy women who everyone wanted to be around. Nowadays, groupies are just starfucking sluts, so the legend is tainted. I know I don’t need a label, but it would just be helpful for explaining who I am. I guess the search continues.

I’m so fucking pumped to be going to SXSW with V Sparks in March. Even though I can’t afford tickets to see the main stages, it’s going to be fun barhopping around Austin and checking out all the unsigned talent. I just wish we could stay longer, because I have grandiose fantasies of sipping champagne in a hot tub at sunset and looking out over the ocean, but alas, it’s only a two-day trip. Well, I guess the other problem with that scenario is that Austin is nowhere near the Gulf.

Modeling has unfortunately been very discouraging lately, but I’m not giving up. It’s frustrating to not be taken seriously about my passion but I won’t let it get me down. The most important thing, I’ve learned, is to make the best out of a bad situation, and then figure out how to turn it into a way way better situation and make the best of that too. Positive thinking can change your life. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment