
This is a clitoris, a small, pea-sized area of the female body that is densely packed with highly sensitive nerve endings. Gentle and deliberate stimulation of this area is extremely pleasurable for the female and will, under normal circumstances, result in an orgasm. There are, however, a number of factors that can inhibit either the pleasurable sensation experienced from stimulation of the clitoris or the ability of the woman to achieve orgasm despite the pleasurable sensation. Stress is a factor, and hormones are another. Sexual insecurities and body image are also important to consider.
In my situation, it’s antidepressants and birth control pills. The combination of these two medications has significantly dulled my body’s reaction to clitoral stimulation, as well as my desire for it. So let’s talk about masturbation. I strongly believe that this type of physical self-love is very important and should be practiced regularly by all. However, I have found that, since I began taking these medications, masturbation has become way more trouble than it’s worth. Unless I’ve been highly aroused for literally hours, which of course is rare due to the impracticality of it, I’ve found that attempts at self-pleasuring result in a sore arm long before resulting in an orgasm. Sometimes the desired orgasm is never achieved at all. In that case, what’s the point in trying?
Looking back on my younger years, I remember a distinct “tingly feeling” occurring in that area as a direct response to sexual thoughts and fantasies. Such a feeling is a thing of the past for me, something I haven’t experienced since before becoming so heavily medicated. The lack of physical arousal, which no longer accompanies my mental arousal so intensely, generally leaves me with a “take it or leave it” attitude when it comes to stimulation. I enjoy it when it happens, but when it doesn’t, I’ll forget about it quickly.
For most women, sexual problems result from mental hang-ups and deep-seated beliefs that don’t support a woman’s sexual freedom. For me, the problem is purely physical. Deep down, I know I want it bad. But on the surface, my body’s response is telling me it’s no big deal. I’m very enthusiastic about sex from an emotional standpoint, but physically, my body is lazily lagging behind.
Unfortunately, I fear that my situation cannot be improved. Antidepressants and birth control pills are necessities for me that can’t be ignored or substituted. Without them, I’ll be depressed and pregnant with cysts overgrowing my ovaries. My hope, though, is that increased awareness of the side effects of antidepressants and birth control pills will motivate doctors to study alternatives. In a society that is increasingly depressed and decreasingly interested in procreation, it is imperative that this problem be solved. Otherwise, we may someday be living in a world without female orgasms. And that, my friends, would certainly bring about the apocalypse.
When I saw you led with that picture, I was like, Oh my word, I cannot believe this topic is about to be discussed. This is so obscene!
ReplyDeleteI particularly enjoyed the final paragraph.
You're just jealous because you don't have a clit.
ReplyDeleteWe actually talked about this in biology, which you would know nothing about since you're earning an MBA or something ridiculous. The head of the wang is nearly identical to the clit. Which explains their uber-sensitivity.
ReplyDeleteNo word yet if this provides more evidence on the whole 'large clit/manly girl' phenomenon you were supposed to be working on.
Yeah yeah I know. But the nerves in the clitoris are more densely packed, making it more sensitive. Hence the reason a clit should never be treated as roughly as a cock. And I know that in some cases a large clitoris can be caused by hormone or chromosome problems, but I don't know if that's always the reason.
ReplyDeleteSex change too, cause you know, when they snip the wang it's probably hard to get it down to a clit-sized clit. Ha, so you have been doing some research, I like it.
ReplyDeleteActually I learned all this in school. Biology and sociology.
ReplyDelete