I have a cold. My face itches on the inside.
On Friday I'm going to an open call for a modeling agency in Chicago. I've talked to the owner a few times and she showed interest in me, so I hope it will go well. I really need to have the backing of an agency because I'm tired of people flaking out on me. I know shit happens sometimes, but I've just been cancelled on way too often lately and nobody reschedules.
I worry a lot about my posture. I don't think I stand up straight enough when I walk. Today I drove past an etiquette school and I thought about stopping by for a lesson. Being ladylike is hard sometimes, especially when I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have to work on sitting up straighter and keeping my shoulders back when I walk. It makes such a difference in a person's appearance. One of my older friends has a really great strut and it adds such an air of confidence and appeal. Maybe that's why Mick Jagger took a liking to her. When I see people slouching really badly, it seems really childish to me. My sister walks like a sk8er boi and I think it looks ridiculous. Elegance and poise elude some people, and I wonder if it's something that can be learned. I've been told I have a graceful stride but it's my shoulders that I worry about.
Keith is in Connecticut for a job interview so I've been at my parents' house most of the week. I miss going to band practice with him. Apparently the radio station at UIC has been playing the new V Sparks EP, Biscuits and Tea, so I'm hoping they'll actually release it soon. First they have to do the photo shoot, which I'm looking forward to. I'm going to help direct it.
No comments:
Post a Comment